Thank you so much Bethany (http://bethanybeachdesigns.com) for nominating 1st on Trend for the Beautiful Blogger Award– I truly appreciate it. The rules for this award are to copy the Award logo, thank the person who nominated you, tell seven things about yourself, and to nominate seven more bloggers. So, I have thanked Bethany (again, check her out at http://bethanybeachdesigns.com, it is an awesome blog and she is a wonderfully kind blogger); I have copied and posted the Award into this post (look below); so now I will list seven things about myself.
- I believe that John Keats is the best poet and writer ever. I want to be him some day (minus an early death from tuberculosis). My favorite poems are “To Hope”, “Ode On A Grecian Urn”, “Ode To A Nightingale”, “La Belle Dame Sans Merci”, and “Bright Star”. The best readings of them, in my opinion, are by actor Ben Whishaw (who played Keats in Bright Star).
- My favorite television shows are The Hour and Being Human, both of which are British. I have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor and find both of these shows, despite the serious tones, to be incredibly funny. I am looking forward to their Winter returns and will be watching obsessively (friends and family have learned not to call me when those shows are on).
- I have read Emily Brontë’s novel Wuthering Heights atleast once a year since I was eleven– I can quote some of the passages.
- I once walked into a street lamp when touring Niagara Falls in Canada– I was distracted by some street performer who was slicing carrots with playing cards.
- I believe more people should read and/or know of John Ford’s play “‘Tis Pity She’s a Whore” than William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet”. “‘Tis Pity” is much better because of its themes and characters, but people question it because of the title and two main characters (just google it, I don’t want to spoil it).
- When I was little, Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland were my favorite stories. So, whenever I saw a rabbit outside, I would chase after it (I broke my ankle once by tripping over one of the rabbit holes). And I used to keep my window open at night, hoping to catch Peter (instead I just caught a lot of colds during the colder months).
- I want to move to London or New York City after college. I want to live in artsy district where I can pursue all of my dreams and be around interesting people.
Okay, so now I need to nominate seven blogs.
- http://astimegoesbuy.me (She once did a post for me that was amazing)
- http://closetstrategy.wordpress.com (A fellow blogger with fantastic taste)
- http://amourshoes.wordpress.com (A very interesting blog)
- http://fashionaveandsixth.wordpress.com (It is well-done and very interesting)
- http://blog.shook.co (The whole website is a new, interesting way of selling and marketing products)
- http://gerrylocity.wordpress.com (It is well organized and discusses similar topics that I do)
- http://thescribblerarchive.wordpress.com (A fellow reader and interesting blogger)
Make sure to check out these blogs! And, once again, thank you Bethany for the nomination!